SERION ELISA classic
SERION ELISA classic Cytomegalovirus IgG and IgM tests are quantitative and qualitative immunoassays for the detection of human antibodies in serum or plasma directed against Cytomegalovirus. SERION ELISA classic Cytomegalovirus IgG test also allows the detection of intrathecal synthesized antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid for CSF diagnostics. SERION ELISA classic Cytomegalovirus IgM is recommended for the detection of acute infections. IgM antibodies directed against Cytomegalovirus are often detected in case of polyclonal stimulation and might persist over a long time period. SERION ELISA classic Cytomegalovirus IgG test in combination with SERION ELISA classic Cytomegalovirus avidity reagent (Order No.: B109AVID) allows the determination of IgG antibody avidity for the differentiation of acute from recent infections. SERION ELISA classic Cytomegalovirus IgM test is suitable for newborn screening with dried blood spots (DBS).
- Sensitive IgM detection as an initial test for the diagnosis of acute infections, particularly during pregnancy
- Demonstration of IgG antibody activity for determination of immune status expressed in PEI-U/ml referenced to the national CMV IgG reference serum of the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute (Germany)
- No significant cross-reactivity with antibodies against other Herpes Viruses, Rubella Virus or Toxoplasma
- Detection of intrathecally synthesized IgG antibodies for CSF diagnostics
- Differentiation of acute from past infections by determination of IgG antibody avidity using the corresponding avidity reagent
- Sensitive IgM detection in Dried Blood Spots (DBS) for demonstration of infections in neonates