SERION ELISA classic
The SERION ELISA classic Echovirus IgA, IgG and IgM tests are qualitative and quantitative immunoassays for the demonstration of human antibodies, in serum or plasma, directed against ECHO viruses. The differential detection of the different antibody classes facilitates the confirmation of contact with the organism and supports the categorisation of the disease stage.
- Use of a mixture of recombinant antigens derived from conserved and subtype-specific epitopes of the VP1 proteins of ECHO virus E6 and E9
- Demonstration of all serotypes because of the chosen antigen
- Sensitive demonstration of IgM antibodies for detection of primary infections, particularly in children
- IgA and IgG detection for confirmation of acute, chronic and previous infections
- Exclusion of background seroprevalence of IgG antibodies resulting in the specific detection of clinically relevant antibody activities
- Quantification of IgA, IgG and IgM antibodies for disease stage monitoring and therapy control