SERION ELISA classic
Respiratory Syncytial Virus
SERION ELISA classic Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) IgA/IgG/IgM tests are immunoassays for the detection of human antibodies in serum or plasma directed against Respiratory Syncytial Virus. The assays support in the diagnosis of acute respiratory diseases and differential diagnosis.
- Use of an inactivated preparation of Respiratory Syncytial Viruses (Strain Long) for the demonstration of IgA, IgG and IgM antibodies, independent of the RSV A or B subtype
- Sensitive determination of IgA and IgM antibodies for the detection of acute infections
- Exclusion of background seroprevalence of IgG antibodies resulting in the specific detection of clinically relevant antibody activities
- Differentiation of acute from past infections
- Quantification of IgA and IgG antibody activities, starting in the clinically negative measurement range, for analysis of paired sera for monitoring at risk patients, disease stage progression and therapy control