SERION ELISA classic
The SERION ELISA classic Leptospira IgG and IgM tests are quantitative and qualitative immunoassays for the detection of human antibodies in serum or plasma directed against Leptospira spp. The SERION ELISA classic Leptospira IgM test is recommended for the determination of acute leptospirosis, whereas the SERION ELISA classic Leptospira IgG test may be used in addition to the SERION ELISA classic Leptospira IgM test to provide a complete immunological picture.
- Use of native membrane extract from Leptospira biflexa with genus-specific antigens for the demonstration of IgG and IgM antibodies directed against all Leptospira ssp.
- Sensitive demonstration of IgM antibodies for detection of acute primary infections
- Specific demonstration of IgG antibodies for determination of a contact with Leptospira ssp. and confirmation of the infection, particularly in the secondary stage of a biphasic disease
- No significant cross-reactivity with antibodies against Borrelia burgdorferi, Treponema pallidum, EBV and with rheuma factors
- Quantification of IgG and IgM antibodies for disease stage monitoring and therapy control